Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sawyer Says by Carey Heywood




Sawyer says…
Casual flings are the only way to go.
Everyone you trust eventually leaves.
Falling in love is for anyone, but her.

What else would she say when all she knows is loss and abandonment? Sawyer Sterling learned too young that depending on anyone else will get her nothing but heartache in the end. Never shying away from outwardly showing her love, she struggles accepting it herself. Stubbornly, she vows to never risk her heart.

Dealing with revelations she never saw coming, her impulse is to distance herself from emotional entanglements. When her past collides with her present, can Jared Keller help prove to her just how wrong her assumptions are? He is the exception to her argument that everyone leaves. Will she ever see him as something she deserves?



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20555957-sawyer-says?ac=1


 **Sawyer Says is a stand-alone but I HIGHLY recommend reading Him and Her before you read this book.** 
 
Oh how I love Sawyer. I loved Sawyer when I met her in Him and I love her even more now. I could not wait to get my hands on this book so I could learn her back story. Carey did not disappoint, I got everything I was wanting and more!!

When I first met Sawyer she was quite the traveler and did not settle down. She didn't believe in long term relationships. She was quirky and funny and the best friend a girl could ask for. We learned all of that in Him but what we didn't learn until now is that Sawyer has one hell of a back story. 

I didn't know going into this book what her history was going to involve but I had some ideas. Boy was I wrong! My heart hurt for her. I read this on my flight home from Chicago and at 36,000 feet I was bawling. I hated and loved Carey for that. I hated her because she didn't warn me and I never saw it coming but I loved her because I felt emotion. True emotion. That means she is doing something right because I connected with Sawyer and felt for her. No one should have to go through what she went through. I am sure some of you think she is just a spoiled rich girl but that couldn't be further from the truth. Rich? Yes. But I guarantee she would give all that money back in a heartbeat if it meant she didn't have to go through what she went through. I would. 

Jared. Oh sweet, sexy, athletic Jared. This man is sex on a stick HOT. I loved what glimpse I got of Jared in Him and was excited to know I would get more of him in this book. Jared moves in with Sawyer after Sarah moves out. He just went through a rough divorce and Sawyer being the awesome friend that she is, helps him out.I knew Jared was a part of Sawyer's past but I didn't realize how big of a part he was. Learning that they have a long history makes this story even better. You will be rooting for them the entire time. It's more like rooting for him because Sawyer can be quite stubborn. 

I loved how this was Sawyer's story and we learned everything about her but we still got a glimpse of the cast from Him. We got to catch up with them and see how they are doing. This book completed the circle and I loved this entire series. 

Carey Heywood did it again. She wrote a highly addicting amazing story that will make you feel every emotion there is. I love all of her books and recommend them to everyone! Her books are MUST BUYS!!












https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22019611-him-her-box-set


Writer of books and other randomness. Lover of Swedish Fish, Belgian Waffles, kayaking and other stuff...


No comments:

Post a Comment